Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sheeeee’s baaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Hey there,

Its been a while since I posted anything. A lot has happened since we last communicated. It was my birthday, so I went home to visit my family and party up myself. I had a blast. But, I am back and ready to pose a few more questions to you all. The long awaited interview with Alice Wu is in the can, but you will have to wait a little longer to read that – her film has been released in Australia, you know…

And look out for my interview with David Sylvester. Yes, he is the man who went traveling in Africa and found a clothing shop called… well it begins with N and white people aren’t allowed to use it. It opened a whole can o’ worms for him – and the response by the African American press to his story made him think about the way Africans across the Diaspora see themselves. We had a really interesting conversation – so look out for that.

You will also get the chance to read from Jackson Allers, who works with Marek Antoni Nowicki, the United Nations International Ombudsperson in Kosovo. Last month Mr. Nowicki criticized world factors for the fact that even six years after the arrival of the international authorities, Serbs are still not safe and there are no conditions for the return of refugees. We’ll post the speech that Jackson Allers contributed to, later this week.

No comments: