Friday, August 25, 2006

New Orleans...

I set off for New Orleans early on Friday morning, and I have to say I am slightly apprehensive about it. On one hand, I cant wait to get there an talk to the people who are making a huge difference, the people who are fighting for the right of ALL New Orleans residents to return to the city, despite the efforts of some to keep some people out.

On the other hand, I may be reminded of how heartbroken, and how angry I was last year when the Government abandoned the citizens. I almost got that angry the day after watching Spike Lee's documentary, when the very well meaning New Orleans Citizen
Rockey Vaccarella met with George Bush. Call me cynical, but that was exactly the kind of PR that George Bush was begging for. But it wont help him deal with the heat he will no doubt get this week, as people are reminded about what Brownie, Bush et al didnt do.

No comments: