Monday, March 06, 2006

Serena Williams' Post Oscar Snafu - and Three 6 Mafia's win..

OK, let me have this little moment to enjoy some Oscar gossip... Serena Williams messed up Philip Seymour Hoffman’s name in the most unfortunate way. Philip Seaman Hoffer?! Dang. That was deep. It had us howling for a good while. But Venus didn’t look too impressed. And she promptly took control of the situation by making sure that she answered any questions that followed. And when they walked away from the celebrity reporter, I know she was telling her sister what went down.

Wow...

And CONGRATS to Three 6 Mafia on their win! Their win gave me great joy, not because I love the song, quite frankly, I have many issues with the song, but as Ludacris said (several times that night), this is huge for hip hop. So, OK, a Hip Hop song with progressive and politically conscious lyrics winning would have been ideal, but you cant have it all. It’s a start. And to see those guys bounding on stage, in complete shock?! It was brilliant, I was very very happy for them. And doesn’t it say something about the American Movie Academy…?!! And Shahina - even though I wasnt sure about Charlize Theron's dress and I know you will cuss me - I liked it man. I really was feeling it - including the silly bow that looked bigger than her head...


No comments: