Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ghana beats the Czech Republic - Now, THAT is what I am talking about!!


Yes, after a frustrating loss to Italy, the boys come back to make us happy! And of course, its just my luck, I dont get to see the match, no, because I am busy trying to sell a car and prepare for my working day... Kinda topped off a crappy week to be honest, but I am not going to get miserable about it, the fact is, the Black Stars' win made my week. yes it did. I even wore my football jersey during the day in honour of the match and subsequent win. But it took two people close to me, neither of whom are Ghanaian to tell me what was going down. Yes, I got word of Ghana's first goal via text. And when it got too much for me, I resorted to calling my parents home, where I was taunted by my auntie, who happened to be screaming at the TV while Ghana threatened to score a third goal.

Oh, its happy days here - and the other great thing is that the honourary Ghanaian family (which consists of British-born Pakistanis living in Brazil, Irish natives based in NYC and Iranians, who have adopted Ghana, following their loss earlier in the day - sorry, but you know...) is representing too. And let me take the opportunity to say how fine the team is looking. Yes indeed...

Its just wonderful... I hear that there were parties in Ghana - and I am sure the UK contingent represented well. But shame on this dude for getting caught during the festivities. Men are men wherever you go... But still, whatever. (photos courtesy of www.ghanafa.com). Nevertheless, onward and upward - until Thursday, where Ghana faces the U.S of A.

No comments: