Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I now know why grown men lose their minds at football matches...

Well, its the morning of the Brazil v Ghana match, and I am reflecting on the past week. I really do get why people just lose all common sense when it comes to football matches now. I thought I did before, because I have always been passionate about 'the beautiful game', but Ghana's inclusion on this tournament has taken it to another level. It's like self inflicted torture. It's self inflicted because I want to watch and I want to know what is going to happen, and its torture - well, maybe trauma - because I find myself emotionally drained at the end of each match. I get nervous just before, wound up during and (so far), completely elated, at the end of every match! It's nuts! They should put a health warning up before each match!

Well, I am off, need to get ready. Whatever happens, the boys kicked ass, serious ass...

No comments: